For new parents, an outing with your infant also means hauling around all those baby essentials – like nappies, wipes, extra clothes, sippy cups, and swaddles. This list doesn’t even include your own essentials like your wallet, phone, or keys.
So, how do you store all these items? Many parents find that nappy backpacks are a practical solution, but with so many options to pick from, it can be tricky to know which nappy backpack is right for you.
Fortunately, you don’t need to guess – we’ve compiled a list of the top nappy backpacks so that you can find the best nappy backpack Australia for your family.
The Best Nappy Backpacks in Australia
Not sure where to begin your search for the best nappy backpacks in Australia? Here are some of our favourites that are locally available for Australian residents.
If you’re looking for a nappy bag that can keep your essentials organized, the Skip Hop Forma Diaper bag might be exactly what you need. Not only does it come with two packing cubes, which work well for beverages, snacks, or even clothes, but they’re also insulated for those longer outings.
The bag includes several other pockets for easy organization as well as a machine washable changing pad that you can pop in the washer once you’ve used it. Even if you don’t want to use the changing pad, the changing pad pocket can also hold larger items like laptops or tablets.
- Includes insulated packing cubes
- Features a machine washable changing pad
- Multiple pockets provide easy organization
- Easy-to-grab handle makes the bag easy to tow around
- The bag’s seams might not hold up as well as some other nappy bags
If you’re looking for a nappy backpack that doesn’t sacrifice style, the Babymel Robyn Convertible Nappy Backpack uses sleek faux leather. There’s a built-in multiway strap that has integrated stroller straps, so you can wear it as a shoulder bag, backpack, or even just tow it by the handle.
Rather than dig through your nappy bag for diaper wipes when you need them, this backpack features an easy-wipes pocket with a dispenser so that you can pull wipes whenever you need them.
- Multiple ways to wear the backpack
- Includes an easy-wipes pocket for pulling wipes through
- Stylish design
- Spacious pockets
- Compartment zippers might break easily
If you need a nappy backpack that’s capable of handling long outings or longer road trips, the KeaBabies Diaper Bag Backpack might be the right choice. While it features several different pockets, it’s easy to see everything you’ve stored inside once you open it up.
Along with all that space, the backpack also uses cushioned back support so that you don’t have to worry about aching shoulders after a long day of carrying around baby essentials. And, to avoid cheap zippers that break easily or make it difficult to close compartments, this bag only uses high-quality double zippers.
- Easy to see everything you’ve stored when you open up the bag
- Includes cushion back support
- Uses double zippers
- Includes a bonus diaper changing mat in the bag
- The magnetic closure may not be super durable
There’s no need to forget about style with the eye-catching Zuzuro Diaper Mommy Bag. This versatile nappy backpack comes with fifteen different pockets for easy organization, including five interior pockets, two pouches for baby bottles, and an extremely spacious main compartment for bigger items.
Since it uses durable, high-quality oxford cloth, you don’t need to worry about this bag breaking after a couple of outings. And, along with a durable exterior, the interior of the bag uses water-repellent fabric so that you can wipe it clean after spills.
- Uses durable oxford cloth material
- Includes water-repellent fabric for easy cleanup
- Includes fifteen different pockets
- There are stroller hooks for hooking the bag to your stroller
- The straps may not be as supportive as some bags
- The bag may pull some strollers over when you hook them together
With the style of a designer bag, the RUVALINO Diaper Bag Backpack is all about durability and convenience. The waterproof fabric ensures that the bag (and your essentials) are unlikely to get damaged when spills happen, and the reinforced seams help make sure the straps won’t break after too much regular usage.
As far as convenience goes, the opening of the bag uses an extra wide design so that you can find your essentials more easily, and the dual zippers allow you to open or close the bag a little quicker.
- Incredibly durable design
- Reinforced seams help prevent ripping
- Extra wide design makes it easier to find items
- Includes sixteen different pockets
- Doesn’t include stroller straps
Another great option from Skip Hop, this Greenwich Diaper Bag Backpack might look like a shoulder bag at first glance, but you can wear it as a backpack as well. When you’re not wearing it on your shoulder or your back, the nappy bag does include stroller straps for you to hook it to your stroller.
Along with a free diaper changing mat, you can store everything from large items like laptops and tablets to smaller necessities like baby bottles and diaper wipes in this bag.
- Includes several different ways to wear the bag or strap it onto a stroller
- Comes with a bonus diaper changing mat that’s machine-washable
- Easy to store larger items in the main compartment and smaller items on the side
- The straps are easy to adjust
- Converting the bag from a backpack to a messenger-style bag can be tricky
As straightforward as it looks, there’s a lot of extra accessories you’ll get with the ZIRUNG Diaper Bag Backpack. Along with stroller straps and a free changing pad, the pockets on this backpack are also insulated. This makes it convenient for storing snacks as well as maintaining the temperature of baby bottles that you’ve already made. There is a separate compartment for storing other beverages like water bottles or juice as well.
The fabric that this bag uses is also waterproof, so even if you happen to spill one of those bottles or another beverage, you’re unlikely to damage anything valuable.
- Includes a free changing pad
- The pockets are insulated
- Uses waterproof material
- Includes stroller straps and easy-to-grab handle
- This bag may be smaller than what some parents want in a nappy backpack
Not only does it come in several stylish patterns, but the QIXINGHU Diaper Bag for Baby Care Travel relies on being practical and comfortable. The shoulder straps are s-shaped for more comfort on your shoulders, and if you need to tow the bag by the handle, it has a double-compression handle.
The material in the bag might not be waterproof completely, but it is water-resistant. There’s no need to dry clean the entire bag for a single spill. Some of the main pockets on this diaper bag include a main compartment for larger items, two insulated pockets, and two towel pockets.
- Comfortable to wear all day
- Water-resistant material is easy to clean
- Comes with insulated pocket
- Several stylish patterns to pick from
- Not as spacious as some nappy bags
Not all nappy bags are big enough to travel with, but the HaloVa Diaper Bag Travel Backpack is big enough to store any essentials that you might need for an entire day (or longer). You’ll get a large main pocket, an insulated pocket for bottles, and even an extra pocket to store wet clothes after you’ve changed your baby.
While it doesn’t include stroller straps like some of these bags do, it does feature shoulder straps so that you can wear it as a backpack or a handle to tow it like a handbag.
- Includes a pocket for bottles and wet clothes
- You can wear it as a handbag too
- Sits nicely on your back
- Material may not be as durable as some nappy bags
The SUNVENO Diaper Bag Backpack has about all the space that you’d get with any other nappy bag, but it features one more important feature: a USB port. So, if you’re away from home for several hours and need to charge or plug-in electronics, all you need to do is use the USB port.
The zipper enclosure protects the port from water (or milk) damage, but the rest of the bag uses waterproof material that won’t be a hassle to clean. And, even if you’re not completely sure how it’ll hold up over time, it does come with a 90-day warranty on the product.
- Features a USB port
- Includes 13 different pockets
- Lightweight and waterproof design
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- Doesn’t include stroller straps or a changing pad
If USB charging ports are a serious perk in nappy backpacks, you may want to consider the ComfyDegree Nappy Changing Bag Backpack. These charging ports have two separate purposes: while they can charge your phone, they can also help keep milk warmer for longer. One of the ports uses power banks to keep the milk warm.
As if that isn’t enough, there’s a heated insulation chip for even further temperature regulation, and the milk pocket features heavy insulation. Even if you’ve been out of the house for a couple of hours, there’s a chance your milk hasn’t gotten any less warm.
- Uses waterproof material
- Includes two USB charging ports
- There’s a padded pocket for your laptop
- Uses insulation and a heating chip to keep milk warm
- Material may rip more easily than some other bags
If you’re a big fan of Oxford cloth, you’ll be happy to know that the LEQUEEN Baby Diaper Bag uses this waterproof material for its design. The oxford cloth gives it a more durable design, and the heavy-duty iron zippers on this bag ensure that the zippers won’t easily break off.
As far as pockets go, this bag has thirteen pockets in total. This includes a spacious main compartment, three insulated slots for baby bottles, a pocket for wet clothes or items, and even an anti-theft cell phone pocket. And, if you need to charge your phone on the go, you won’t be disappointed with the USB charging port.
- Includes 13 different pockets
- Has a USB charging port
- Can store up to three bottles at a time
- Uses durable oxford cloth and heavy-duty iron zippers
- Large back pocket may be tricky to reach
What to Look For in a Nappy Backpack
Although you may know what some of the top-rated nappy backpacks on the market are, it’s still essential to understand what to look for in the right nappy backpack.
- Storage Space: One of the biggest advantages of a nappy backpack versus a nappy bag is extra storage space. It’s important to find a bag that not only features a lot of pockets, but has a well-thought-out design to those pockets as well.
- Wipe-Clean Lining: You’re bound to spill something on your nappy backpack at some point, and when you do, you shouldn’t have to wash the entire bag (or send it to the dry cleaner’s). Bags that have wipe-clean lining are water-resistant and easy to clean, and you usually only need to wipe up the spill with a wet cloth.
- Comfortable straps: When you’re hauling a backpack around all day, you don’t need thin straps that dig into your shoulders and leave marks. Comfortable straps are an important factor for any nappy backpack, and while it’s not always easy to tell if you haven’t tried the bag, wider, padded straps tend to be more comfortable.
Long trips and outings require more than just a flimsy nappy bag that you have to constantly readjust on your shoulder. From stylish nappy backpacks that are fun to look at to durable, heavy-duty backpacks that will last the test of time, there’s the best nappy backpack Australia for everyone on this list.